The environment is a source of life so it’s only natural to want to take care of it. At Groupe Tomapure, we make a conscious effort to use products that meet the strictest environmental standards in areas of building maintenance and product packaging. We also follow a rigorous waste management program. We work closely with EnviroClub, a joint initiative between NRC-IRAP and the Ministry of Economic Development, Innovation and Export, on a project to reduce environmental waste by recycling it into consumer products.
Every day, Groupe Tomapure adheres to an environmental action plan and implements concrete measures:
- Use of fully biodegradable, eco-friendly packaging (including plastic, label and ink).
- Use of eco-friendly products for the maintenance and cleaning of our facilities and treatment of its fruits and vegetables. A prime example is the use of our advanced electrostatic UV technology that uses a broad-spectrum peroxyacetic acid—a derivative of vinegar and an ecological product that complies with Health Canada (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) environmental standards.
- Our new and exclusive patented technology, which allows us to reduce our water and sanitizer mixture by around 80%.
- Waste, residual and recyclable materials management program :
- Waste reduction through selective sorting
- Recycling of cardboard and plastics
- Regular recycling of batteries, ink cartridges and computer equipment
- Replacement of more than 90% of cheques with electronic deposit/transfer